Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PeriodConfidence #TryTheDivaCup #CollectiveBias
Check out my tutorial for getting started with The DivaCup!
1. Review the User Guide before you get started!
2. Get over any squeamishness about your body. This product requires you to get all up in your lady parts! Insertion can be a bit tricky and may take a few tries before you get it in right so be prepared.
3. Fold the cup per the instructions, push it up and give it a spin. This proved to be more complicated than it sounds, so be prepared to give it a few tries before you get it in right. Getting it in was kind of a struggle and even after pushing it up and giving it a spin per the directions, I could still very much feel it, which made me think it was not in place correctly.
4. Don't use any lubricants to try to ease the process. I used to use a diaphragm years ago, before starting hormonal birth control, so I figured a touch of lube might help ease the insertion, as it does with the diaphragm. However that was a disaster because I COULD NOT keep a grip on the cup! Don't repeat my mistake!
5. If you get it in successfully, you can wear it up to 12 hours before removing it. Since my attempt was a bust I decided to wash it off, let it dry, and give the lady bits a break until the next day.